Thursday, April 18, 2024

Meet a Med Student: Lee Givens

Lee Givens

Age: 24

Class: 2027

Hometown: Auburn, Alabama

Undergraduate education: B.S., Auburn University

What do you enjoy most about being a medical student at the Whiddon College of Medicine?
My favorite thing about the Whiddon College of Medicine is the sense of family and community that is so engrained within the school. Each of the students in my class always watches out for the person next to them, and my experience has really been one of a collective working toward a common goal rather than a group of individuals each working toward their own goals. All of the faculty, administration, and staff have also been so welcoming and inviting, and I've really felt that support in the transition to beginning medical school.

Are you involved in any research, organizations or other initiatives at the Whiddon College of Medicine?
I am involved in the Christian Medical Ministry of South Alabama and the Student-Run Free Clinic. I have also had fun being a part of some of the COM intramural sports teams.

What are your interests and hobbies?
I love going for runs around Mobile and exercising at the Student Rec Center. I also love spending time with my dog, Louie.

What is something unique about you?
I have a titanium plate and two screws in my cheek.