Thursday, February 22, 2024

Meet a Med Student: Mary Katherine Moore

Mary Katherine Moore

Age: 26

Class: 2024

Hometown: Birmingham, Alabama

Undergraduate/graduate education: B.A. in Spanish with a minor in chemistry, MBA with a concentration in public health; The University of Alabama  

What do you enjoy most about being a medical student at the Whiddon College of Medicine?
I love how friendly and supportive all our classmates and faculty are. Everyone is always willing to help and encourage each other.

Are you involved in any research, organizations or other initiatives at the Whiddon College of Medicine?
I am the president of the Medical Spanish Interest Group, community service chair of the American Medical Women’s Association, and a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee member. I am also a member of the Internal Medicine Interest Group and Public Health Interest Group.

What are your interests and hobbies?
I love to read, cook, travel, explore new restaurants, and play with my Cavapoo, Watson.

What is something unique about you?
When I was 16, I successfully performed CPR on my sister after she went into cardiac arrest secondary to an apneic seizure.