Thursday, October 5, 2023

Meet a Med Student: Alexander Polski

Alexander Polski

Age: 25

Class: 2024

Hometown: Mobile, Alabama

Undergraduate education: B.S. in biomedical sciences, Auburn University 

What do you enjoy most about being a medical student at the Whiddon College of Medicine?
The thing I enjoy most about the Whiddon College of Medicine is the small class size coupled with pre-clinical and clinical educators who truly care about our education and our path to becoming physicians and future leaders in the field of medicine. You get plenty of hands-on experience and one-on-one learning opportunities, and I feel well prepared to care for my patients next summer when I start my intern year in medicine.

Are you involved in any research, organizations or other initiatives at the Whiddon College of Medicine?
I currently serve as vice president of the Habitat for Humanity Student Volunteer Organization and vice president of the Radiology Interest Group. I also do annual outreach to the Alpha Epsilon Delta pre-med organizations at USA and Auburn University to promote volunteering opportunities at United Cerebral Palsy's Camp SMILE summer camp.

What are your interests and hobbies?
I enjoy being in the outdoors whenever I can, whether it's at the beach here on the Gulf Coast or discovering a cool hiking trail in a new location. Lately, I've been enjoying working on my gardening skills.

What is something unique about you?
In 2020 and 2022, my fiancée and I completed two long-distance road trips from coast-to-coast, camping, hiking and biking at national parks, and visiting significant historic sites across the country. I have visited 18 of the 51 national parks in the contiguous United States so far!