Thursday, September 21, 2023

Meet a Med Student: Caroline Howell

Caroline Howell

Age: 23

Class: 2026

Hometown: Mobile, Alabama

Undergraduate education: B.S. in biomedical sciences, University of South Alabama 

What do you enjoy most about being a medical student at the Whiddon College of Medicine?
I love being challenged. Here, I am able to achieve goals and learn from my mistakes, which allow me to grow and become the best version of myself. I have so enjoyed developing confidence during my time as a medical student, confidence to pursue big dreams with hard work, integrity, and perseverance. Being surrounded by peers who are driven, compassionate, and supportive makes the journey so much more fun. I can honestly say that medical school, so far, has been one of the most exciting and rewarding chapters of my life. 

Are you involved in any research, organizations or other initiatives at the Whiddon College of Medicine?
Medical Student Summer Research Program, Christian Medical Ministry of South Alabama, Dermatology and Oncology Interest Groups, Admissions Ambassadors, Student Curriculum Subcommittee

What are your interests and hobbies?
I play the ukulele, attend CrossFit twice a week, and have been baking since I was 12 years old on the quest for the perfect chocolate chip cookie. And lately, I am all about pickleball! 

What is something unique about you?
I was just selected as this year's graduate homecoming maid. Go Jags!