Thursday, August 10, 2023

Meet a Med Student: Ben Loftis

Ben Loftis 

Age: 24

Class: 2026

Hometown: Montgomery, Alabama

Undergraduate education: B.S. in biomedical sciences, Auburn University 

What do you enjoy most about being a medical student at the Whiddon College of Medicine?
The community. Everyone supports each other and has made this journey so much easier. The faculty and my fellow classmates have made the last year better than I could have imagined when I first started. I can’t wait to see what the rest of my years at South will be like.

Are you involved in any research, organizations or other initiatives at the College of Medicine?
Physician wellness and burnout research, orientation leader, wellness house leader, Culinary and Lifestyle Medicine Interest Group

What are your interests and hobbies?
I love to bake bread, play pickleball, and try new restaurants around town.

What is something unique about you?
I ran into the doorframe so much as a child there is a permanent knot on my forehead.