Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Meet a Med Student: Karam Maatouk

Karam Maatouk

Age: 23

Class of: 2026

Hometown: Mobile

Undergraduate institution: University of Alabama

What do you enjoy most about being a medical student at the Whiddon College of Medicine?
The friends I have made in my class and the diversity of ways we learn the material (auditorium lectures, research and analysis, team-based learning, and small-group learning communities).

Are you involved in any research, organizations or other initiatives at the College of Medicine?
I’m involved with the USA Student-Run Free Clinic.

What are your interests and hobbies?
I love to work out, watch Alabama football, hang out with my black lab, Miller, and eat at Mexican restaurants with my girlfriend.

What is something unique about you?
I completed the Mugshots Burger Challenge, which is more than 3 pounds of food in less than 12 minutes.