Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Meet a Ph.D. Student: Mary O. Haastrup

Mary O. Haastrup

Age: 29

Hometown: Ilora, Oyo State, Nigeria

Undergraduate/graduate institutions and degrees earned: Doctor of Medicine in general medicine, Lugansk State Medical University, Ukraine

BMS Program track and year of study: Cancer Biology, third year

What research are you involved in? I research about the role of a mitochondrial import protein in pancreatic cancer.

What do you enjoy most about being a doctoral student at the USA College of Medicine? The standard of education and the state-of-the-art facilities

What are your interests and hobbies outside of school and work? I enjoy mentoring young individuals, and my passion for that led me to found a non-governmental organization (A Greater You) dedicated to helping young individuals achieve academic and career success. I also love to play chess.