Thursday, March 3, 2022

Meet A Med Student: Natalie Kidd

Natalie Kidd

Age: 25

Class of: 2023

Hometown: Birmingham, Ala.

Undergrad/grad institution: University of Alabama

Degrees earned: Bachelor of Science in chemistry with a concentration in biochemistry

Interests, hobbies: Medical school Bible study, church youth group, hanging out with friends and international students, playing guitar/singing, reading, exercising and rock climbing.

Something unique about me: I was blessed to work together with a previous medical student, Grayson Domingue, on starting an anti-human-trafficking organization in the medical school called Jags Against Trafficking that strives to educate medical professionals, empower similar community organizations and raise awareness of the issue.

Three of my favorite things: Spending time with Jesus outside, caring for and spending time with others, and volunteering in the community.

What I enjoy most about being a student at the USA College of Medicine: The community is my favorite part! I have the joy of knowing each of my classmates by name, and we are all working together toward the same goal, not competing against each other. Also, I always feel so supported by the faculty who all are willing to work with me on anything I need help with, which is a such a gift.