Monday, November 12, 2018

Dr. Pack-Mabien Receives 2018 Outstanding Regional Nurse Practitioner Award

Dr. Ardie Pack-Mabien, nurse practitioner at the University of South Alabama Comprehensive Sickle Cell Center, recently was selected as the 2018 Outstanding Regional Nurse Practitioner for the Bay Area by the Nurse Practitioner Alliance of Alabama.

“I feel extremely proud and humble to be recognized by nurse practitioners in this region for my commitment to the care of individuals in Alabama, but more so for making differences in the lives of my patients here at USA,” she said.

For the past 20 years, Dr. Pack-Mabien has provided comprehensive medical care, education and counseling with compassion and dedication to adults and children with sickle cell disease at USA Health.

“It is very gratifying to have a child hug my neck in the office or draw me a picture, an adolescent or young adult come to me in a public setting with a sense of pride just to say, ‘Hi, Mrs. Ardie,’ or the parents of my patients comforted and reassured after a long and extensive conversation about their child’s current illness. I can’t even imagine myself doing anything else,” Dr. Pack-Mabien said.

Dr. Pack-Mabien graduated from the USA College of Nursing with a bachelor degree, and received her master’s degree from the University of Mobile and her Ph.D. from the University of Alabama at Birmingham.

The NPAA awards provide an opportunity to give recognition to individual health care providers, educators or advocates, the in-the-trenches team members and the leaders who inspire, motivate and empower others around them to make a difference in the lives of those for whom they provide care. Learn more about the Nurse Practitioner Alliance of Alabama.