Friday, June 29, 2018

Orthopaedic Surgery Welcomes New Nurse Practitioner

Devin Hudson recently was appointed a nurse practitioner in orthopaedic surgery with USA Physicians Group.

In her new role, she will assist Dr. Jeffrey Brewer, assistant professor of orthopaedics at the USA College of Medicine and an orthopaedic trauma surgeon with USA Physicians Group, and the orthopaedic trauma team in managing care for patients with musculoskeletal injuries following a traumatic event.

Prior to her new appointment, she worked for five years as a registered nurse at USA Medical Center.

"My favorite part about my new job is that I still get to be at my first work home, USA Medical Center," Hudson said. "The orthopaedic service has welcomed me with open arms, and I’m honored to work alongside Dr. Brewer and look forward to my future in orthopaedics."

She earned her bachelor's degree in nursing from the University of South Alabama and her master's degree in nursing from Troy University.