Tuesday, January 17, 2017

'I'm on the Road to Recovery!'

 
Pete Jones - "I'm on the Road to Recovery!" from USA Health on Vimeo

"Earlier this year, my wife called and my conversation was not coherent. We went to a local hospital, where I stayed for four days. They determined that I needed a center of excellence in order to get a proper diagnosis, so I was transferred to USA Medical Center and admitted under the care of Dr. Naritoku.

After an accurate and quick diagnosis of autoimmune limbic encephalitis, I was put into a medically induced coma and appropriate treatment began. Dr. Naritoku explained that if I continued to have the bursts of seizures that it would have a very negative effect on me.

Now, I am on the road to a full recovery. I will be able to resume all normal activities, and I look forward to spending time with my family and living a fuller, richer life."

Pete Jones
Fairhope, AL

To view more patient stories from USA Health, visit
http://www.usahealthsystem.com/patientstories