Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Clinic Relocations Convenient for USA Professor

Dr. Scott Carter, professor of mathematics and statistics at the University of South Alabama, gladly welcomes the USA Physicians Group’s recent move.

“I currently live just south of campus, and I am often seen in the University area on my bike riding to my office, to the gym, or to local shops,” explained Dr. Carter. “I try to keep a healthy lifestyle.”

In late December, two clinics associated with USA Physicians Group relocated to the University Commons at the corner of University Boulevard and Old Shell Road. The USA Digestive Health Center and Knollwood Physicians Group - both previously located on the Infirmary West Hospital campus - have moved into their new offices and began seeing patients in January.

When USA Physicians Group was located at the Knollwood campus, Dr. Carter often found it inconvenient to visit by bike.

“Using my bike for short trips is a part of my healthy lifestyle,” said Dr. Carter. “Anything that makes Mobile more accessible for bike and pedestrians is a great thing in my opinion.”

Among reasons for the clinics’ relocation, the move allows them to be conveniently located near one of their most important patient populations - the University community.

Appointment numbers for the two clinics are unchanged: University Physicians Group - (251) 660-5787; Digestive Health Center - (251) 660-5555.