Thursday, December 9, 2021

Meet a Med Student: Daniel Irelan

Daniel Irelan

Age: 27

Class of: 2024

Hometown: Huntsville, Ala.

Undergrad/grad institution: University of South Alabama

Degrees earned: Bachelor of Science in biomedical sciences

Interests, hobbies: Cyclic-AMP signaling in Obesity/Metabolic Syndrome, guitar, video games and hanging out with my significant other.

Something unique about me: I saw my life flash before my eyes when I got too close to a bison at Yellowstone National Park.

Three of my favorite things: My “triple therapy”: Gevalia coffee, Coke Zero (+/- cherry), and food.

What I enjoy most about being a student at the USA College of Medicine: The USA COM provides a top-tier M.D. program while giving students access to the resources needed to further their research interests.