The all-day event, designed to provide practitioners with timely updates and insights, will be held at the Strada Patient Care Center, 1601 Center Street in Mobile. Registration is $25. Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Continuing education (CME/CEU) and MOC part 2 credits will be available. A reception for attendees is planned from 4 to 6 p.m.
Here’s the lineup of topics and speakers:
- “Improving the Outlook in Cystic Fibrosis,” presented by Hector Gutierrez, M.D., UAB Health, Pediatric Pulmonology.
- “Pediatric Urology Update on Evaluation and Management of Cryptorchidism,” presented by Patience Wildenfels, M.D., Oschner Health, Pediatric Urology.
- “Child Abuse Panel on Acute and Long-Term Needs of Affected Children in Our Community,” moderated by Jessi Kirk, M.D., Child Advocacy Center; Katriea Crummie, assistant district attorney, Child Advocacy Center; Farren Pryoer, M.S.W., Child Protective Services Unit, Mobile County Department of Human Resources; Aimee Lott, L.B.S.W., TBI Care Coordinator, Children’s Rehabilitation Services, Mobile Office; and Rosa Vidal, M.D., Pediatric Intensivist, USA Health Children’s & Women’s Hospital.
- “Demystifying Non-IgE Food Allergy,” Jennifer Lightdale, M.D., University of Massachusetts, Pediatric GI Department.
- “Adolescent Bariatric Surgery,” Katrina Weaver, M.D., USA Health, Pediatric Surgery.
- “Long-term Survival Issues in Children with Cancer,” Preethi Marri, M.D., USA Health, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology.
To register, visit the USA Office of Continuing Education website.