Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Meet a Med Student: Meghan Rice

Meghan Rice

Age: 25 

Class of: 2024 

Hometown: Wilmer, Ala. 

Undergrad/grad institution: University of South Alabama 

Degrees earned: Bachelor of Science in biology and biomedical sciences, Bachelor of Arts in psychology 

Interests, hobbies: Hiking, kayaking, baking, gardening, DIY projects 

Something unique about me: Before medical school, I was a research assistant at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. Being around so many scientists and clinicians really highlighted the need for physicians in rural areas. One day I want to be someone who helps bring healthcare to rural and underserved areas. 

Three of my favorite things: My two dogs, a new hiking spot and music 

What I enjoy most about being a student at the USA College of Medicine: The people! Every one of my classmates is awesome and they make medical school feel like a family. Our professors and clinicians genuinely care about the student learning.