Monday, June 21, 2021

Meet a Med Student: Lauren Mussell

Lauren Mussell

Age: 23

Class of: 2024

Hometown: Birmingham, Ala.

Undergrad/grad institution: The University of Alabama (freshman year), Auburn University

Degrees earned: Bachelor of Science in biomedical sciences, Bachelor of Arts in Spanish

Interests, hobbies: Working out, Spanish, any outdoor activity, collecting vinyl records, and finding new experiences!

Something unique about me: A couple years ago, I became interested in living more sustainably. It has been a difficult commitment during medical school, but it is a fun challenge, and I have had some small triumphs along the way. For example, I haven't purchased a roll of paper towels in over a year!

Three of my favorite things: Nestle Tollhouse cookie dough, a fresh cup of coffee, and quality time with Callie, my 19-year-old cat.