Thursday, April 4, 2024

Meet a Med Student: Paras Ahuja

Paras Ahuja

Age: 24

Class: 2027

Hometown: Birmingham, Alabama

Undergraduate education: B.S. in biomedical science, University of Alabama at Birmingham

What do you enjoy most about being a medical student at the Whiddon College of Medicine?
I enjoy being amongst students who are so helpful, honest and dedicated to learning to help others. Furthermore, one of the best things I have experienced is that the faculty and staff at South make this feel like home from the first day. I couldn't have asked for a more welcoming place to be studying medicine amongst some of the best students from many different places.

Are you involved in any research, organizations or other initiatives at the Whiddon College of Medicine?
I am part of the Surgery Interest Group and a volunteer at the Mobile Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. Additionally, I am planning to get involved in clinical research this summer.

What are your interests and hobbies?
My interests outside of medicine include spending time with my family during my time off and lifting weights. I am not a very big fellow, but I certainly enjoy having the opportunity to unwind with a workout.

What is something unique about you?
Something unique about me is that I have never drunk coffee, and something funny about me is that I get called ma'am very often over drive-thru intercoms since my voice is a bit less deep. :)