Thursday, January 18, 2024

Meet a Med Student: Megan Rasmussen

Megan Rasmussen

Age: 25

Class: 2026

Hometown: Headland, Alabama

Undergraduate education: Bachelor's degree in mathematics, Birmingham-Southern College

What do you enjoy most about being a medical student at the Whiddon College of Medicine?
I enjoy having a smaller class size that enables me to know my classmates and professors well. 

Are you involved in any research, organizations or other initiatives at the Whiddon College of Medicine?
I am the donation coordinator for the JagPantry, community service chair for the Medical Spanish Interest Group (also part of the Graduate Healthcare Spanish Program), treasurer of the Ophthalmology Interest Group, and I conduct research in Dr. Aishwarya Prakash's lab at the Mitchell Cancer Institute.

What are your interests and hobbies?
Running, hiking, skiing, and anything outside with my dog

What is something unique about you?
I took two gap years after undergrad in Montana where I enjoyed my hobbies and worked as an ophthalmic scribe and technician.