Thursday, September 28, 2023

Meet a Med Student: Jonathan Swint

Jonathan Swint

Age: 27

Class: 2025

Hometown: Grand Bay, Alabama

Undergraduate education: B.S. in biology, University of Alabama 

What do you enjoy most about being a medical student at the Whiddon College of Medicine?
I enjoy the emphasis and importance that is placed on primary care exposure and training here. It makes me feel like I'm building a good foundation of skills to draw on as I progress in my medical education.  

Are you involved in any research, organizations or other initiatives at the Whiddon College of Medicine?
I am the secretary for my class, and I am involved heavily with Dwell Mobile, where I help with after-school programming for kids of families that have recently immigrated to the U.S. 

What are your interests and hobbies?
I play soccer as much as I can in an adult recreation league here in Mobile, and I love kayaking, going to the beach, and spending time outdoors as much as possible. 

What is something unique about you?
I once went on a hike in Italy in a city called Prato, where I jumped off of a waterfall while some local Italian kids cheered me on.