Thursday, August 24, 2023

Meet a Med Student: Jada Ashford

Jada Ashford

Age: 24

Class: 2026

Hometown: Hoover, Alabama

Undergraduate education: B.S. in biomedical sciences, Auburn University 

What do you enjoy most about being a medical student at the Whiddon College of Medicine?
Family environment. The faculty really care about the students academically and personally. They go out of their way to provide support whenever you need it. 

Are you involved in any research, organizations or other initiatives at the College of Medicine?
I serve as one of the intramural chairs for my class, a clinical coordinator for the Student-Run Free Clinic, medical mentor for Project INSPIRE, and community service chair for the Family Medicine Interest Group. I am also involved in the Sports Medicine & Rehab Interest Group, Student National Medical Association, and Christian Medical Ministry of South Alabama. 

What are your interests and hobbies?
I enjoy working out, watching sports, playing intramural sports with classmates, and finding new places to eat in town. I am also interested in sports medicine and health disparities.

What is something unique about you?
I am one of seven kids in my family, and there are two sets of twins in my family.