Monday, February 6, 2023

Meet a Med Student: Ashley Nguyen

Ashley Nguyen

Class of: 2023

Hometown: Mobile, Alabama

Undergraduate education: Bachelor of Science in biochemistry, Spring Hill College

What do you enjoy most about being a medical student at the Whiddon College of Medicine?
What I appreciate most about being a student at the Whiddon College of Medicine is having the opportunity to learn from faculty and physicians who teach with sincerity and lead by example. At the Whiddon College of Medicine, I not only learned the knowledge to become a doctor but also developed the skills and heart to become a compassionate caretaker. I am confident that I have acquired everything I need to take the best care of my future patients, and I cannot wait to utilize everything I have been taught at the Whiddon College of Medicine to make a difference in the world. 

Are you involved in any research, organizations or other initiatives at the College of Medicine?
Most of my time this year is dedicated to my responsibilities as the president of the Student Interest Group in Neurology (SIGN) and the social coordinator for the Gold Humanism Honor Society (GHHS). I am currently working on a research presentation with the pediatric neurology department on treatment considerations for lateralized periodic discharges on electroencephalogram (EEG). I also volunteer with other interest groups and during various College of Medicine events throughout the year.

What are your interests and hobbies? Food, travel, dance, karaoke, and arts and crafts 

What is something unique about you? To overcome my fear of dogs, I bought a puppy.