Thursday, October 20, 2022

Meet a Med Student: Isabella Dinelli

Isabella Dinelli

Age: 24

Class of: 2026

Hometown: Pensacola, Florida

Undergraduate institution and degree earned: University of Florida, Bachelor of Science in economics and biology

What do you enjoy most about being a medical student at the Whiddon College of Medicine?
How nice everyone is! Faculty and students at the Whiddon College of Medicine are among the most supportive people you can meet. I know I can succeed, and even more, I am not afraid of failure because the people I am surrounded by will help me push through the unique obstacles that come in this career. 

Are you involved in any research, organizations or other initiatives at the College of Medicine?
I am part of the COM social media committee; my class's merch subcommittee, helping design class paraphernalia; Jags Against Trafficking; and volunteer at the Student-Run Free Clinic, providing care to Salvation Army residents while also serving on the fundraising board.

What are your interests and hobbies?
Any form of artistic media, but specifically, digital art and videography. I also enjoy investing (but it's a bit hard on a medical student budget).

What is something unique about you?
Before starting medical school, my older brother and I started a business in our hometown that is still running today! Also, I enjoy learning new languages and can speak Spanish and Japanese.