Thursday, June 30, 2022

Meet a Med Student: Virginia Farley

Virginia Farley

Age: 23

Class of: 2025

Hometown: Birmingham, Alabama

Undergrad institution: Sewanee: The University of the South

Degree earned: Bachelor of Science in biochemistry with a psychology minor

Interests, hobbies: I started powerlifting at the beginning of medical school, so I love going to the gym! I also enjoy playing soccer on the COM intramural team, spending any time outside (especially at the lake or beach), photography, and playing with my cat Sylvester.

Something unique about me: I actually know how to windsurf and love it! I'm not the best at it, but I have been windsurfing in three different countries! At some point I want to learn how to kitesurf. I am also the only student who went to Sewanee at the College of Medicine.

Three of my favorite things: Good food, a good belly laugh and traveling

What I enjoy most about being a student at the Whiddon College of Medicine: All of the professors know the students by name, enjoy having conversations, answering questions and even enjoy seeing them outside of class. You can tell they genuinely care about our success in the program. Additionally, you get to know your classmates so well due to the small class size, and it's so fun to hang out with other classmates outside of school!