Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Meet A Med Student: Victoria Antonello

Victoria Antonello

Age: 24

Class of: 2025

Hometown: Fairfield, Ala.

Undergrad/grad institution: Vanderbilt University

Degrees earned: Bachelor of Arts in medicine, health and society; minor in psychology

Interests, hobbies: Cooking and baking (especially Italian food!), drawing portraits, interior design and snuggling with my cat, Cannoli!

Something unique about me: When I was younger, I had six baby dolls who I constantly pretended were gravely ill (of course, I was the doctor). To make their illnesses more realistic, I would steal my mom’s red food coloring and flour and mix it with water to make blood, take her clear necklace strings and tape them under my dolls’ noses to provide them O2, and most importantly, inject them with “medicine” by using her sewing needles lodged into oral medicine syringes. To this day, I really enjoy being creative, I’m still interested in emergency medicine/intensive care, and I still want to have six kids (who aren’t gravely ill)!

Three of my favorite things: My family (Cannoli included), my boyfriend and working out (when I’m not injured)!

What I enjoy most about being a student at the USA College of Medicine: I really love how close my class is and how easy it is to get along with most everyone. South truly has an incredibly supportive and strong family atmosphere, which makes coming to lecture and studying more enjoyable.