Thursday, January 13, 2022

Meet a Med Student: Renee Ivy

Renee Ivy

Age: 23

Class of: 2024

Hometown: Lawrenceville, Ga.

Undergrad/grad institution: University of Alabama

Degrees earned: Bachelor of Science in chemistry with a concentration in biochemistry

Interests, hobbies: Spending quality time with my boyfriend and puppies, hiking, being involved in church and cooking new recipes.

Something unique about me: I have had nine surgeries. I am a former ballerina. I'm pretty terrified of turtles.

Three of my favorite things: Coffee, puppy snuggles and porch swings

What I enjoy most about being a student at the USA College of Medicine: My classmates! I sound like a broken record from all of the other "Meet a Med Student" features, but it's the truth. The Class of 2024 is something special. Each person has their own unique skills and talents, and everyone is so kind, encouraging, supportive and loving that I would trust any of them to be my doctor in the future. It's a pretty cool feeling finding your best friends in medical school. Now I feel like I couldn't do life without my core group of friends in my class!