Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Meet a Med Student: Jack Galla

Jack Galla

Age: 24

Class of: 2024

Hometown: Mobile, Ala.

Undergrad/grad institution: Franciscan University of Steubenville

Degree earned: Bachelor of Science in biology

Interests, hobbies: Playing sports, bow fishing, hunting, mission work, reading, playing card games, traveling and attempting to cook/amateur firefighting.

Something unique about me: I have been to 19 different countries.

Three of my favorite things: Reading a good book, spending time with close friends and playing any sport.

What I enjoy most about being a student at the USA College of Medicine: The thing I enjoy most about being at South is my classmates. The friends that I have made since starting medical school here have been some of the greatest surprises on my journey to becoming a doctor. Whether it’s studying in the auditorium, watching a movie on the weekend or going to the beach together, spending time with the friends that I’ve made among my classmates has changed an otherwise challenging time in my life into one that I thoroughly enjoy.