Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Meet a Med Student: Lita Araysi

Lita Araysi

Age: 26

Class of: 2023

Hometown: Chicago

Undergrad/grad institution: The University of Chicago

Degrees earned: Bachelor of Science in biochemistry, Bachelor of Arts in chemistry

Interests, hobbies: Traveling, attending concerts, attempting to play piano by learning only parts of random songs and binging shows that I clearly don't have time for.

Something unique about me: My first word as a baby was the Arabic word "tai," meaning "come." I tore my ACL in the final two soccer games of the season during my senior year of high school and left with a (subjectively cool?) scar from reconstructive surgery.

Three of my favorite things: Trying new restaurants/cuisine, my cat Leo, family/friends

What I enjoy most about being a student at the USA College of Medicine: No doubt the people. From classmates, to faculty, to residents and attendings at University Hospital, people have been nothing but welcoming and supportive!