Thursday, March 21, 2024

Meet a Med Student: Kramer Crider

Kramer Crider

Age: 26

Class: 2024

Hometown: Bremen, Alabama

Undergraduate education: B.S. in biological sciences, University of Alabama in Huntsville

What do you enjoy most about being a medical student at the Whiddon College of Medicine?
I love the opportunities med students have to get hands-on clinical experience early into the medical school curriculum. Also, the small class size allows students to feel like more than just a number. Because of the size of our classes, we are also able to have lots of one-on-one time with attendings, professors, and administration, enriching the mentorship experience offered at South. 

Are you involved in any research, organizations or other initiatives at the Whiddon College of Medicine?
OB/GYN Interest Group vice president; MedPride and Allies vice president; Family Planning and Reproductive Rights clinical liaison; College of Medicine SGA senator; Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Medical Student Advisory committee member; research with Dr. Candice Holliday (OB/GYN faculty)

What are your interests and hobbies?
I enjoy taking care of my 13-year-old dog, Milli, and my two cats, Tigger and Morty. I also like taking spontaneous trips to NOLA since it's so close to Mobile. Other things I like to do include working out, playing pickleball, going out with friends, eating good food, and traveling. Most importantly, I love all things Taylor Swift. 

What is something unique about you?
I am hands-down the world's biggest Swiftie!