Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Meet a Med Student: Brandon Schonour

Brandon Schonour

Age: 24

Class: 2026

Hometown: Cantonment, Florida

Undergraduate education: B.S. in clinical professions, Florida State University

What do you enjoy most about being a medical student at the Whiddon College of Medicine?
The small size of our classes. I feel that it has allowed for me to get to know my classmates on a deeper level beyond that of just the classroom setting, and that has made the medical school experience all that more enjoyable.

Are you involved in any research, organizations or other initiatives at the Whiddon College of Medicine?
Native American Student Association, Quatsabadi STEM Mentoring, Radiology Interest Group, research trying to find predictors of 0.55T respiratory navigated lung MRI image degradation, Global Health Collaborative, and Medical School Admissions Ambassador Team

What are your interests and hobbies?
I love to watch sports (FSU football and pro wrestling), go to the movies, and try new barbecue restaurants.

What is something unique about you?
My birthday is on Groundhog Day, so every year Punxsutawney Phil and his prognostication is must-see TV for me.