Thursday, November 3, 2022

Meet a Med Student: Natalie Simpkins

Natalie Simpkins

Age: 23

Class of: 2025

Hometown: Opelika, Alabama

Undergraduate institution and degree earned: University of Alabama at Birmingham, Bachelor of Science in neuroscience 

What do you enjoy most about being a medical student at the Whiddon College of Medicine?
The people. Everyone is so kind and so supportive of any endeavor I may have conjured up that day. 

Are you involved in any research, organizations or other initiatives at the College of Medicine?
I’m a part of the Primary Care Pathway program and did quality improvement research on colorectal cancer. I’m the founder and president of the Family Planning and Reproductive Health Interest Group. 

What are your interests and hobbies?
I love playing volleyball, watching anything surrounding Game of Thrones, and listening to audiobooks.

What is something unique about you? 
I do nails!