Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Meet a Med Student: Korey Shively

Korey Shively

Age: 22

Class of: 2026

Hometown: Madison, Alabama

Undergraduate institutions: University of South Alabama 

What do you enjoy most about being a medical student at the Whiddon College of Medicine?
I enjoy the sense of community within our class. Medical school is hard, but knowing everyone around you is going through the same thing and is willing to help makes it easier. 

Are you involved in any research, organizations or other initiatives at the College of Medicine?
I am in the military medicine program (Health Professions Scholarship Program) and serve as secretary for our interest group. I am also involved with the Christian Medical Ministry of South Alabama (CMMSA), where I attend a small group led by a local physician every week with other M1 and M4 students.

What are your interests and hobbies?
I enjoy almost anything outdoors. I like to disc golf, play intramurals and go running.

What is something unique about you?
I am on the track team here at South.