Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Meet a Med Student: Madison Hogans

Madison Hogans

Age: 22

Class of: 2026

Hometown: Dothan, Alabama

Undergraduate institution and degree earned:
Auburn University, Biomedical Sciences

What do you enjoy most about being a medical student at the Whiddon College of Medicine?
The thing that I enjoy most about the Whiddon College of Medicine is the family that you gain within the college. I know that no matter how difficult classes may seem at the time or how overwhelmed I may feel, there will always be someone who I can talk to, laugh with, or just take a deep breath with. There are also so many fun things to participate in that the Whiddon College of Medicine offers such as amazing volunteer activities and intramural sports, which provide a great outlet from my normal study routine.

Are you involved in any research, organizations or other initiatives at the College of Medicine?
I am currently a member of the Admissions Ambassador Team, and I am a Primary Care Pathway Scholar.

What are your interests and hobbies?
I play soccer with middle and high schoolers once a week through the Dwell organization and am also involved with the intramural flag football and the soccer team. I also enjoy spending time with family and friends on the weekends!

What is something unique about you?
I am a huge fan of “The Office” and can binge watch all nine seasons all day every day and never get bored!