Monday, May 16, 2022

Meet a Med Student: Nicholas Viyuoh

Nicholas Viyuoh

Age: 25

Class of: 2023

Hometown: Mobile, Ala.

Undergrad institution: University of South Alabama

Degree earned: Bachelor of Science in biomedical sciences

Interests, hobbies: Fishing, water sports, tutoring, song writing and a little campfire guitar

Something unique about me: I have lived in 10 different states in 20 years, and still managed to come back to South for college and medical school as my father did before me.

Three of my favorite things: Social events (the more people the merrier, so COVID is kicking my butt twice as hard), traveling (COVID strikes again), and my friends and family (including our two dogs and three cats)

What I enjoy most about being a student at the USA College of Medicine: I have noticed the atmosphere at South revolves greatly around person-to-person interactions. There are tons of friendly faces around and some unique stories to go along with them. You can learn a lot about the area if you ask the right people, and it feels like almost everyone I talk to has something unique to offer, including the patients.