Thursday, September 30, 2021

Meet a Med Student: Alex Templin

Alex Templin

Age: 23

Class of: 2024

Hometown: Prattville, Ala.

Undergrad/grad institution: Jacksonville State University

Degrees earned: Bachelor of Science in biology, minors in chemistry and psychology

Interests, hobbies: I use makeup to express myself, and I consider it art, just on a different canvas. I also enjoy singing and spending time with my cats.

Something unique about me: I recently went through a weight-loss journey in 2019, and I am 60 pounds down to date; I'm only 10 pounds from my goal weight.

Three of my favorite things: Cats, electronic dance music, pasta

What I enjoy most about being a student at the USA College of Medicine: I love that everyone at South is so welcoming, and everyone works together to make sure that we're all successful. I know that I'll always have help whenever I need it, whether that be academically, physically or mentally.