Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Meet a Med Student: Connor Posey

Connor Posey

Age: 23

Class: 2026

Hometown: Oakman, Alabama

Undergraduate education: B.S. in biomedical sciences, University of Alabama at Birmingham

What do you enjoy most about being a medical student at the Whiddon College of Medicine?
I love how much our class feels like a family. There isn’t a single person whose name I don’t know or that I don’t find it easy to have a conversation with. It feels like we are on each other's side and want to see our peers succeed as well as ourselves. The family atmosphere helps to make our educational journey and our life outside of school more enjoyable and engaging.

Are you involved in any research, organizations or other initiatives at the College of Medicine?
I hope to get involved with a research program this summer.

What are your interests and hobbies?
In my spare time, I love to do anything that has to do with sports. I also enjoy traveling and spending time with friends and family. 

What is something unique about you?
A unique experience I have had was during my gap year before medical school. I had the opportunity to teach math and coach the varsity baseball team at a local school – the same team and school that I attended while in high school.