Thursday, July 14, 2022

Meet a Med Student: Kahlea Haladwala

Kahlea Haladwala

Age: 23

Class of: 2025

Hometown: Birmingham, Alabama

Undergrad institution: Auburn University

Degrees earned: Bachelor of Science in biomedical sciences, Bachelor of Arts in Spanish

Interests, hobbies: I picked up running when I started medical school, and love to run around campus. I also love to play tennis and hang out with friends. Reading a book on the beach is my happy place.

Something unique about me: I am bilingual in English and Spanish.

Three of my favorite things: Coffee, Taco Mama and my cat, Theodore

What I enjoy most about being a student at the Whiddon College of Medicine: The community here at South is amazing. All of the students are so kind and collaborative. It really feels like we are all a family. It is so refreshing and encouraging to learn in such a supportive environment, where everyone wants you to succeed. Professors are so intentional here, and I feel like I have already learned so much just within my first year alone. It is an experience that I think is very unique to South Alabama, and I am excited for the next three years!